West Yost served as Owner’s Representative for the design and construction of a 5 MG replacement reservoir and valve house. We evaluated the potential options of new reservoir size and locations, and project delivery methods including Design-Bid-Build (DBB); CM/GC; Lump-Sum Design-Build; and Progressive Design-Build (PDB). Working collaboratively with TVWD, West Yost developed the risk allocation and contract terms.
West Yost and TVWD selected a PDB as the delivery method, developed PDB documents, gained Board approval for the alternative delivery, advertised for and selected a contractor all within six months to meet the accelerated project schedule. Our team conducted workshops to rank and select the preferred project delivery method and managed the process to meet Oregon Revised Statute 279C.335, including development of findings.
After PDB team selection, West Yost provided project management and design review, worked with the PDB contractor to develop bid packages and helped negotiate a guaranteed maximum price (GMP). During design, West Yost assisted TVWD and the PDB team with site layout, safety by design, hydraulic configurations for valve layout and protection of the existing assets. West Yost provided construction services during construction, as needed.
West Yost’s services included:
- Predesign services including selection of scoping alternatives and evaluations
- Procurement document development and Guaranteed Maximum Price negotiation
- Utility coordination and relocation
- Geotechnical investigation and design
- Coordination with stakeholders, including local jurisdictions
- Project cost estimating
- Construction related engineering services
Notable Features of the Project
- Progressive design-build project delivery method
- Negotiated Guaranteed Maximum Price
- Phasing projects and scheduling, including public involvement