Water is one of our most precious natural resources—it is vital for all living things and all our economic activities. By recycling water, we can better maintain and manage our limited water supplies and ensure the sustainability of water supplies for future generations. Recycled water is already in widespread use throughout California, the nation and the world. In California alone it is estimated that over 200 billion gallons per year of recycled water are currently used with the demand for this valuable resource continuing to grow. West Yost recognizes the importance of recycled water to creating a balanced and diversified water portfolio. We are dedicated to helping clients develop and implement cost-effective and environmentally-friendly recycled water projects that exceed regulatory requirements and have strong community and public acceptance.
West Yost’s integrated approach to water resources incorporates full-service technical services for recycled water planning and design, with a comprehensive understanding of water that you will not find anywhere else. Our focus has always been on water, and only water. As demands increase and regulations become more stringent and supplies more scarce, our clients have come to rely on us to understand the interconnections and interdependency of recycled water with supply planning, wastewater discharge strategies, and groundwater and stormwater management.
West Yost assists clients in all areas of the development and implementation of recycled water projects including:
- Reuse Planning: preparation of recycled water master plans and feasibility studies including market assessments, demand estimates, and customer analysis; development of user agreements, interagency partnerships, and recycled water pricing strategies; and completion of special studies including salt and nutrient management plans.
- Treatment and Distribution Systems: design and construction management of recycled water treatment and distribution facilities including filtration, disinfection, pumping, storage, transmission mains, and customer connections; pilot testing and evaluation of treatment technologies.
- Hydraulic Modeling: infrastructure modeling of distribution, storage, and pumping systems to identify capacity constraints and evaluate operational issues; groundwater modeling for recharge and recovery projects.
- Onsite Water Reuse Systems: planning and design of onsite reuse systems, including satellite plants and MBR facilities utilizing both traditional and design/build project delivery methods.
- Funding Strategies: we screen and evaluate federal and state grant and loan opportunities and develop funding strategies based on individual project and client needs. Our services also include preparing funding applications and grant administration.
- Regulatory Compliance: working closely with clients and regulators, West Yost helps assure projects comply with Title 22, DDW, and Regional Board requirements, including preparing required Engineering Report, Notice of Intent, and Recycled Water Program Manual.