Comprehensive Funding Services
Our experts review the options, identify the best targets, walk you through the process, and can help manage reporting as well!
West Yost assists clients in identifying, applying for, capturing, and allocating project funds through state, federal and local loan and grant programs. Our expertise includes working with multi-agency groups to identify funding mechanisms, define institutional relationships, and coordinate documentation and schedule requirements.
West Yost has assisted over 30 clients in securing nearly $900 million in funding. Our success is based on maintaining excellent working relationships with funding agency staff, solid technical and writing skills, close coordination with our clients, and attention to detail.
- Identify federal, state, local, and private funding opportunities
- Prioritize opportunities based on timing/schedules and ranking/rating criteria
- Develop strategies to enhance and better tailor projects for specific funding programs
- Prepare strategic funding plans that prioritize funding opportunities for a specific program(s) or project(s)
- Prepare funding applications
- Manage and report grant-funded and low interest loan-funded projects
Grant Writing, Application Preparation and Submittal
- Communicate and coordinate with funding agencies
- Identify and coordinate required information for each proposal/application, including the writing and organizing of information for our clients
- Complete and submit full proposals and application packages, on our clients’ behalf
- Clear and concise writing
- Writing and documentation focused on selection criteria
- On-target messaging of each application’s relevance to funding agency’s goals
- Complete and accurate content
- Attractive and reader-friendly documents
Management and Reporting
- Coordinate with the funding recipient and its consultants/contractors to identify and implement funding agreement requirements
- Fully manage funding disbursement requests
- Fully manage construction period progress reports for submittal to funding agencies
- Fully manage the process of submitting project completion reports and post-award reports to funding agencies, assuring that ongoing funding requirements are met
Grant Strategy Services
Alameda County Water District
Since 2016, West Yost has provided the District with strategic grant and funding services to optimize the District’s ability to proactively seek and receive grant funding for capital improvement projects and increase its understanding of funding opportunities. West Yost prepared a funding strategy plan and identified, monitored, and pursued grant funding opportunities for District projects. To-date, West Yost has helped ACWD secure over $20M in grant funding.
Grant Strategy, Application, and Administration Services
Moulton Niguel Water District
West Yost is providing grant strategy services, which includes reviewing the District’s top-priority CIP projects and evaluating potentially applicable grant opportunities. Services include grant opportunity research, periodic grant matrix updates, check-in conference calls, grant application preparation, and as-needed grant administration. For example, West Yost prepared CalOES Hazard Mitigation grant applications for a Sewer Lift Station Force Mains Replacement and Relocation Project ($10.3M) for a Steel Tank Seismic Retrofits Project ($2.8M). West Yost also prepared a regional grant application to the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Future Supply Actions Funding Program, prepared the final report for a WaterSMART Water and Energy Efficiency grant agreement for an AMI Implementation Program, and prepared many Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant and Hazard Mitigation Grant Notice of Intents.
Surface Water Supply Project Funding Strategy and Loan/Grant Writing
Stanislaus Regional Water Authority
West Yost is providing program management services for Stanislaus Regional Water Authority’s regional surface water supply project, which consists of funding pursuits, infrastructure planning, design-build (DB) contractor procurement, owner’s advisory services, and design. West Yost’s funding work includes evaluating grant and loan opportunities, meeting with funding agencies, and drafting applications including a Drinking Water SRF application, two WaterSMART Drought Resiliency grant applications, Riverine Stewardship grant application, IRWM implementation grant application, and Proposition 50 Chapter 6c application.
West Yost’s funding team leader, Monique Day, has provided grant strategy services, funding application support, and grant administration support for over 30 municipal and water agency clients in California and Oregon over the past 18 years. These clients include Alameda County Water District, Moulton Niguel Water District, Stanislaus Regional Water Authority, the City of Modesto, the City of Medford, the Woodland-Davis Clean Water Agency, and many others.
Sheri Lasick has nearly 20 years of experience providing grant writing, funding research, and funding management (including labor compliance) services to public and non-profit entities, as well as program analyses, policy development and industry research. Having worked for federal, state, and local governments as well as private firms, Sheri has a keen understanding of the issues and challenges faced by public employees, and assists local public agencies in meeting the needs of the communities they serve by locating alternative funding sources and by providing analytical services.
Hawkeye Sheene has 18 years of experience in watershed funding and management. Hawkeye works closely with water resources agencies to identify funding priorities and opportunities, develop funding strategies for program and project development, align these efforts with the priorities of the funding agencies, and engage with regional partners and key stakeholders to increase competitiveness for successful funding and implementation. Hawkeye prepares grant applications and provides grant management services to multiple clients.
Insights & Trainings
West Yost is an Equal Opportunity Employer