This $28 million recycled water pipeline project was constructed to convey Title 22 recycled wastewater from outfall location at the San Joaquin River on S. Carpenter Road to the City of Modesto’s Jennings Road Secondary Treatment Plant’s Effluent Pump Station.
The project included:
- A seven-mile pipeline, 42-inch diameter welded steel cement mortar lined and coated pipe
- Installation along the shoulders of S. Carpenter Road, W. Main Avenue, and Jennings Road in Stanislaus County
- Three irrigation ditch/protected wetlands under-crossings and requiring micro-tunneling
- Temporary road closures and reduced traffic lanes
- Restoration of over five-miles of roadway
- Total change orders of less than 3.3%
Challenges included an abnormally wet 2018 winter and delays in fabrication and installation of 42” Welded Steel Pipe. West Yost CM led efforts with the project team to develop methods to streamline testing, inspection, pipe installation and overtime work, which helped the contractor to accelerate the remaining work in lieu of potentially being assessed liquidated damages.