Business Sector Manager, Contruction Management – Davis, CA
West Yost provides high-quality client services in water supply, water and wastewater treatment, groundwater, stormwater, and recycled water. Our professionals provide complete water engineering, science, and technology services from nine offices in California, Oregon, and Arizona – bringing innovative and collaborative approaches to deliver higher value projects and programs.
We are the largest engineering firm located solely on the West Coast, providing services only to the water sector. Our staff includes certified or registered professionals in civil, mechanical, chemical, and electrical engineering; water and wastewater treatment planning and design; geology, engineering geology, and hydrogeology; architecture; GIS; land surveying; control system cybersecurity; and construction management and inspection services.
The Business Sector Manager is responsible for all the Construction Management group’s activities on the West Coast. Core responsibilities include staff development, growth and profitability, quality control, marketing support, business development, and maintaining positive team morale and client relationships. Occasionally function as a senior project manager on strategic projects.
Other duties include:
- Recruit, retain, and develop staff in the Construction Management business sector. Will provide recommendations to Director of Operations regarding Business Sector resource staffing including recruitment needs, hiring and firing.
- Develop, lead, and execute a multi-year strategic plan for growth in the Construction Management Group that aligns to West Yost’s values and strategic plan. Work with Vice President of Marketing and Business Development Director to develop Business Development strategy and manage execution.
- Establish, maintain and enhance client relationships across the business sector through direct client interaction and though coordinating efforts of people in the business sector.
- Attract, retain, counsel, develop, and motivate an organization with the capacity to reliably deliver on current strategic deliverables, while also determining how to capitalize on future new market needs and services.
- Manage performance, provide oversight and coordinate performance reviews of all Practice Area Leads (PALs). Collaborate on personal performance goals and conduct regular reviews/check-ins.
- Develop rewards/recognition/coaching/mentoring processes.
- Coordinate and prioritize resources (workload allocation) across the business sector, and diversification of staff and projects within each proactive area.
- Work with PALs to ensure proper and appropriate diversification of staff, with proper and adequate QA/QC protocols and involvement of experienced individuals on all projects, including appropriate integration of Principals in Charge (PICs) on projects. Monitor and address project execution issues within the business sector.
- Conduct regular evaluations of the business sector’s financial performance. Authorize expenditures within approved budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Experience growing a P & L (hiring staff, building teams, coaching/mentoring, understanding of external market).
- Experience developing strategy (growing sales revenues, growing into new markets).
- Experience with Performance Management.
- Experience in Environmental Consulting or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (building robust, technical staff).
- Engagement capabilities/outgoing personality.
- 15+ years of scientific and/or technical experience working in related field.
West Yost Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employee owned, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.