Associate Engineer I – Any Office
Collection System Planning
West Yost provides high-quality client services in water supply, water and wastewater treatment, groundwater, stormwater, and recycled water. Our professionals provide complete water engineering, science, and technology services from nine offices in California, Oregon, and Arizona – bringing innovative and collaborative approaches to deliver higher value projects and programs.
We are the largest engineering firm located solely on the West Coast, providing services only to the water sector. Our staff includes certified or registered professionals in civil, mechanical, chemical, and electrical engineering; water and wastewater treatment planning and design; geology, engineering geology, and hydrogeology; architecture; GIS; land surveying; control system cybersecurity; and construction management and inspection services.
Desired areas of expertise include sanitary sewer system master planning, infiltration and inflow analysis, flow monitoring, engineering research, GIS analyses, risk assessments, alternative analyses, and facility cost estimating.
Other duties include:
- Performing, overseeing and reviewing water/wastewater system hydraulic analysis utilizing a variety of software programs.
- Preparing and/or managing the preparation of technical reports and master plans.
- Analyzing various types of flow, demand, population, water quality, and facilities condition data.
- Serving as task manager and/or project manager, maintaining task/project budgets and schedules, and mentoring junior-level staff.
- Assisting collection system practice leads with marketing activities, including market evaluation and strategy, pre-marketing activities, and proposal development.
*Position can be in our Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, or Davis, CA office.
- The ideal candidate will be a proficient hydraulic modeler and a licensed Professional Engineer (with current California registration or commitment to obtain California registration within 18 months).
- Must have 3-5 years of experience of applied knowledge in wastewater planning projects.
- Proven skills in water/wastewater hydraulic modeling and GIS.
- Must be passionate and hungry for collection systems management.
- Must be a strong technical writer.
- Must be able to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously; and have strong organizational, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of GIS, Microsoft Access, InfoWorks, InfoSewer, Mike Urban, SWMM, SewerCAD and other hydraulic modeling software.
- Strong task and project management skills.
- Collection system regulatory compliance knowledge is a plus.
- Water, storm, and sewer experience a plus.
- Hydraulic modeling skills desirable.
West Yost Associates is and Equal Opportunity Employer, employee owned, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.